Travelling Alone

Summary of topic: a bucket list activity!

One thing I really wanted to try was travelling alone. I had never done it even in the UK and there were so many cities in France I wanted to see. 

I decided to visit a city not that far away from me - Montpellier. 

I researched a hotel in the city centre and I also checked the safety of the city. Everything looked good so I decided to go.

If you're travelling alone definitely check the city's safety by doing research or asking people who have been. I also recommend to book a hotel instead of an Airbnb. 

The Positives

Something I can tick off my bucket list.


Gained a lot of confidence as I had to do everything on my own. 


Took lots of cool selfies!


Visited a beautiful city and got to do everything at my own pace.


The Negatives

Loneliness: not being able to share the moments, and seeing other people who could.


Safety: I did get approached once but it was nothing overly unsafe and I managed to get out of the situation quickly.


It was quite expensive as I had no one to split the hotel with.


To be completely honest, I'm not sure if I would do it again. I really missed having company. It was definitely a cool experience though. Remember it's okay to try something and not like it, at least you went for it and put yourself out there!

If you would like any more information about travelling alone, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Comments

Popular Posts