My Last Day - School 1

Summary of topic: heartfelt and emotional!

I'm writing this just after I got home and I am full of happiness. Today was completely unexpected, I had no idea I was going to receive so much love and affection. After today I truly feel that I have made a difference. All the long days, the stressful moments, the long hours of planning has paid off because I have seen what a difference I have made in these children's lives.

When I first was walking through the playground to the school the children ran up to me and all started hugging me! I honestly didn't know what to do because of covid but I just hugged them back. I didn't have the heart to say no! They then introduced me to their parents and grandparents which was pretty overwhelming to say the least... I said hello and they told me that their kids always talked about me to them. It was really sweet to hear that and meet the parents. 

When I got to my first CE1 (7-8 years old) class the children were all happy to see me but sad that I was leaving. We had a fun last day of revision games and songs. At the end they all gave me small drawings and hugs! I got individual hugs from over half the class which was really cute. One of the kids even started crying but the teacher told her to stop! I gave her an extra big hug.

My next CE1 class was great as well. We had some time at the end for questions and they asked me if I was staying in France and if I would come back. They all wanted me to come back! I got an envelope of little cards from all of the kids in that class. There were so many notes and drawings and I was so touched. I got messages saying they loved me and they'd never forget me and I was the best English teacher they had! One boy wrote me such a nice message even though I barely had any interaction with him. It's amazing how you can make a difference without even knowing it.

Then I had my CM2 (10-11 years old) class. We all went outside to dance to the "Cha Cha Slide" that they had been learning. It was fun doing that and they really enjoyed it. After that we went back in and a few of them queued up to give me chocolates and drawings! I didn't expect anyone to buy anything from me so it was really sweet. One girl even brought me fresh pastries. I often got asked to take my mask off because no one had seen my face the whole time I was there and it was funny seeing their reaction as they were so surprised that I had a face!

After I had my CP class (6-7 years old) and they were really cute. I got lots of hugs from them at the end and nice little drawings. It was so funny because some of them didn't draw me anything so they ended up just giving me their school workbooks! Me and the teacher laughed, it was so cute.

At lunch the teachers said it was great to work with me and that I always had a smile on my face. They also all chipped in to get me chocolates and a gift voucher which was so kind. I really didn't expect anything from them. I had written them all little cards as well which they appreciated.

My last class of the day was my other CP class. One boy was so upset I wasn't coming back because he would miss me too much. I got hugs from them too. The teacher of this class thanked me. He said the children had learned all the words to an English song and that this wouldn't have happened without me. I also got interrupted in this class by 2 students from CM2 who came to give me a card signed by everyone in the class. I think they made it over lunch time because they saw other students giving me gifts and felt bad that they didn't give me one. It was so sweet! 

Here are all the gifts I got:

All in all, it was a really amazing last day. I feel sad to leave now knowing how much of an impact I made because I never really realised it today. I hope reading this gives you motivation for days when its tough or you feel like you're not really making an impact, because you definitely will be!

Comments

Popular Posts