My Last Day - School 2

Summary of topic: a lovely end to all the hard work.

My last day at this school was amazing. I had worked so hard and it was really nice for that to be appreciated.

In the morning all the teachers came together to give me a gift basket of French specialities. 


It was so kind that they had all come together to do this for me. One even said she didn't know what she'd do without me. I really appreciated that comment because it was mainly a professional relationship and they didn't often give me feedback during my teaching time.

In one of my classes the children had made drawings for me and the teacher put it together in a booklet. The kids were really sweet and were sad to see me go. 

For my youngest class as you may have read we did Indian Dancing outside with speakers and loud music. They didn’t really understand that I was leaving so it was a happy day for them just dancing and games!

In the last class of the day, my teacher and I had organised a “British Tea Party”. This is the teacher I tutored for so we had a great relationship. It was difficult to find British products in French shops but we managed to get cheddar cheese (it wasn't very nice but the kids loved it…), digestive biscuits and shortbread. She also put juice into a kettle and pretended to serve them tea which they loved haha. I was the most shocked that French children who have probably tasted the best cheese out there the square slices of cheddar cheese!! They had all made me their own cards with the loveliest messages and drawings. 

This was a great end to my ELA experience and I look forward to hearing what yours was like too! 

Comments

Popular Posts