Best Moments - ELA

Summary of topic: you'll have plenty of these!

I thought I would share my happiest moments during my ELA experience so you could see how fulfilling it is.

 

My Birthday

 

When I first visited the school in January the kids had asked what my birthday was for some reason… I told them it was the 8thof May and didn’t think anything of it. I taught at that school every Friday and on that day it was the 7th. In one of my classes I walked in and they all just started singing happy birthday. I thought it was really weird.. first I thought it was one of the pupils birthdays and they were just showing me they knew the song in English. The teacher then asked “Who’s birthday is it?” and they all said “It’s Ramya’s!”

 

I was so in shock I didn’t expect it at all! I couldn’t believe they remembered it and knew to sing it before my actual birthday so they didn’t miss it. There was then a bit of silence after so they all just started clapping for me… Honestly it was such a heart-warming experience I was nearly brought to tears! 



This is me very tired, but very happy after this happened!

 

Dancing

 

One of my teachers at the start asked me to do Indian dancing with the children as she knew I did it. At the start of the lesson I did it for the first 5 minutes with them and they ended up remembering the routine (bearing in mind these are 6 year olds…) It was so nice that she embraced my culture and wanted the children to as well. On my last day we danced outside with a speaker and Indian music. It was really cool and the kids absolutely loved it!


There were plenty other fun, cute, happy moments that you will experience too! Have the best time and enjoy every moment x

Comments

Popular Posts